woolsey airport image.JPG

WOOLSEY MEMORIAL AIRPORT

About:

Woolsey Airport was named after Captain Clinton Fisk Woolsey who was on of the five pilots selected to fly to South America by the U.S. Government on a Good Will flight. Capt. Woolsey's father gave 80 acres along with 120 added acres from Leelanau Township for the Airport dedicated on July 14, 1935.